Thursday, September 8, 2016

That Time I Owned The Batmobile

In college I owned a flat, matte black car. It was a 1994 Ford Shadow. It didn't take me long to figure out I could use chalk on my car. It started as flowers along the door.
But soon revolved into the Bat Mobile. Everyone knew my car. I would leave home everyday with chalky hands to ensure that there was a bat symbol on the front of my car. 
It was a task to make sure that the Bat symbol was always there. One day my friend's dad had made me two magnets of the Bat symbol. I didn't have to draw it anymore. Instead I just stuck one of the magnets on the front.

My sister and I were at Party City one day around Halloween. We walked out to find the Bat magnet was gone. Most likely taken from the punk teens parked next to us. Luckily I had two magnets and I simply moved the magnet from the door to the hood. 

It was all fun and games until the following January when the Bat Mobile was rearended on a somewhat snowy day. It was the day before I was supposed to start my spring semester. I was in a neck brace and wrist brace and my pride and joy, the Bat Mobile was totalled. Of course during the first class we were supposed to introduce ourselves and such. I quickly removed my neck brace and supported my head with my hand because I didn't want to be known as the girl in the neck brace for the rest of the semester.

Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment