Thursday, September 8, 2016

The Summer of Flowers

Who would want to spend their summers taking a plant summer class....this science nerd here. I spent 12 hours a week looking at plants, dissecting them and classsifying them. It was an awesome summer. A good friend of mine was in the class and I probably spent more time sticking my finger and scalpel under her microscope than looking at my own plants. I'm not great at school. In fact I'm a dropout. But the classes I did take (four years of them) I at least tried to have fun in. We spent the summer exploring state parks and woods looking for different flowers. It was that summer that I felt at one with nature until I picked the plant because then it was dead. But I sat and studied plants for hours. I still do it from time to time but it made me appreciate flowers more and taught me to stop and look at them.

Take some time to look at flowers.

Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment