Monday, January 25, 2016

101 Dalmatians

Happy Monday!

Google knows how I feel.

Generally I don't know what to write the night before and I have a list of things to write about but I wait for when they feel right. Timehop have me my inspiration this morning.

In 1961, 101 Dalmatians was released. Now that seems like no big deal to most people even the biggest Disney fans. But this was my childhood and I'd like to tell you a few stories about this movie and my life.

Children have the typical movie phases where they watch the same Disney movie over and over again. For me and 101 Dalmatians that lasted about 8 years. I was obsessed. I had every toy, plush, and room decor that came out. I thought I was a dalmatian. I would sneak my uncle's dog's bones even though they were disgusting. I drank water like a dog. I lived my life as a dog. Until 3rd grade I was a dalmatian for Halloween. One Halloween I couldn't decide whether to be a fairy or a dalmatian. I did as a normal child would do and was a fairy dalmatian.
My younger sister humoured us for one year and was Marie from Aristocats but that phase only stuck until she could make her own decisions. But 101 Dalmatians was my first love and the A Bug's Life came along and I became obsessed with bugs but not so much as trying to be one.

I have recently reverted back to my dalmatian ways because Pat is a firefighter and dalmatians and firefighters were meant to be. I don't eat dog bones anymore but sometimes I'll lick my plate clean.  

As you can see I started early being different and still haven't changed.

Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment