Sunday, January 24, 2016

Schadenfraude

Hey everyone!

I would like to tell you about my day today but first let me define my title.

Schadenfraude: -German- feeling happiness at the misfortunes of others

Now to my day.

6 a.m. I was sleeping nicely at the house I was dog sitting at and the dog needed to go out. No biggie I'll just go back to sleep after I take her out. Well we had four inches of snow last night and I forgot my jacket inside. Oh and I'm allergic to the cold. Now most people who aren't used to cold weather will tell you they are also allergic to the cold. But no I actually get hives and carry an epipen around for this. The cold woke me up and sleep was nowhere to be found.

Nothing of note happens really until I get out of work at 3 and get home at 4:00.

4 p.m. I get home to the smell of recently used hockey gear and farts of  Pat's brothers.

4:30 p.m. Lucy comes out to greet me and I proceed to cut the poop out of her fur around her butt.

5:30 p.m. Brother #1 takes a dump in the toilet Pat spent two hours cleaning earlier. The bathroom was unusable for about an hour.

Somewhere in here the Patriots lose.

6 p.m. I try to coax Lucy out from her hiding place under the bed with treats so I can take her jersey off and Bear bites me because I wouldn't let him have Lucy's treats. (They're worse than kids.)



During the time period of 4:30 and 5:30 Bear ate all of the wet food again leaving Lucy none.

6:30 p.m. I feed Lucy. I'm trying to positively reinforce the fact that Bear was not coming near her food so I am throwing treats in his general direction while trying to pour the can of moist food into the bowl. My finger gets sliced open on the can and I'm gushing blood but still trying to reinforce the positive behavior Bear is displaying while Pat is yelling at me to come over and get a band-aid and stop the bleeding.

7:30 p.m. I finish cutting off Lucy's butt hair and proceed to bed.

Edit: 7:45 p.m. In the midst of Pat's cleaning frenzy early in the morning he did laundry. As I go to put mine away I notice that there are strange pink splotches on most of my clothes. I ask Pat concerned it's blood and he looks at me and says, "Oh I forgot to tell you I washed a whole pack of watermelon gum in with the laundry by accident.

To summarize this if you don't want to read this whole post: I was stuck outside, came home to a very smelly house where the smell got worse and cut off cat bum hair after letting my finger gush blood for a little bit just so I can train my cats to be nice to each other while all my clothes are covered in watermelon gum.

Thanks for letting me vent about my day and hope yours went better!
Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment