Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Enjoy Today

A lot of people struggle with living in the moment, myself included. Even though I'm always telling B to slow down and focus on what he was doing I couldn't seem to follow it myself. Today I tried.


All B wanted to do was snuggle after quiet time so we snuggled because tomorrow he may not want to snuggle and all too soon he'll be grown.

After work, I took the day to explore the property I live on looking for the mysterious kittens under the chicken coop I have yet to find. (Apparently there's more than one chicken coop down the road a ways).

I spent a lot of time with the chicks that are growing far to fast. I picked up and cuddled as many as I could. (One bit me, we're not friends anymore)


I even admired the beauty of the spider webs in the coop. And I hate spiders!


On my walk back I jumped in the puddles because life is to short to not get a little dirty and have as much fun as kids. And although my rain boots are very holey that didn't stop me. A little mud never hurt anyone.


This blog is supposed to be about bettering myself (and telling funny stories) and today I took a step in the right direction. So slow down and do what makes you happy. Feel childish joy.

Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment