Saturday, March 19, 2016

I Hate The Turkey

Where I live there are lots of animals. And I love the animals. I walk down to see them almost everyday. I grew up an animal lover. But there's this one turkey that drives me crazy! I hate the turkey. My landlord sells turkeys for Thanksgiving. This one is still alive because the woman who ordered the turkey died right before Thanksgiving. So he is kind of a remembrance turkey.

As you can see the turkey is not happy to see me either.

Every time I drive by the turkey rushes at my car. He likes to think his reflection is another turkey that he must battle to the death. If I see him making a beeline for my car usually I speed up and get away. If he's too close I slowly inch by and try not to hit him.

The day before Christmas I ran into a problem. He was in the middle of the dirt road as I pulled up.


Tough guy was challenging me. Well at this point I had no idea what to do. I tried inching forward and he walked closer. I honked my horn and he gobbled gobbled right back. Finally I decided to stop inching forward and just hit the gas a little. Well THAT got him out of my way after about fifteen minutes of being perplexed by this turkey.

Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment