Monday, May 16, 2016

A Case of the Monday

Ugh. It's Monday again. I don't normally mind Mondays but this one is strangely cold even for Mass. I can also feel the lack of sleep kicking in and clearly my head isn't on right.
Two things happened this morning and it's only 11am.
1. I put my jeans on backwards. The thing about jeans is there is distinctly a front and a back. So I'm not really sure how that happened.
2. I forgot my water on top of my car and drove off. Luckily it's a super sturdy water bottle and there was no damage except a few scrapes. I was also backing out of a driveway so I was going like 10mph tops.
My nanny kid B is clearly feeling the weight of this cold Monday too. We always go to the playground when B gets out of school. So off we head to the playground (despite the wind it's still 50 out). B complained the whole way. First it was that at recess when he went outside his hands turned to ice. Okay dude. Not convincing me. Then it was his tummy was rumbly. That's a legit one. But still lunch isn't for an hour. Finally, it was too sunny and we didn't bring his sunglasses. We never bring his sunglasses. Ever. And it's been a lot sunnier. Well we made it to the playground and he forgot all his woes.
Also the last who parked her car at the playground to walk to church locked her car about 17 times because me and my two and four year old charges definitely want to commit grand theft auto with your Subaru older than my parents.
Luckily S is in such a good mood and has no idea what's going on or that it's Monday.


Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment